A British bank, headquartered in London, HSBC has its origins in India going back to 1853. HSBC is one of India’s leading multinational financial services groups and has a materially large franchise in India with around 38,000 employees in its banking, investment banking and capital markets, asset management, insurance, software development and global resourcing operations in the country. It is the largest employer for the HSBC Group globally as at 31 December 2021.
In India, HSBC offers a full suite of banking and financial services through 26 branches across 14 cities. In line with its purpose of opening up a world of opportunity, the Bank continues to strengthen the linkages between global customers and their India needs. The Bank is also well positioned and uniquely placed to support the Indian banking needs of its significant diaspora across the globe.
HSBC has been a leader in bringing state-of-the-art electronic banking technology to India and to its customers, HSBC in India has several “Firsts” to its credit
HSBC serves its customers in India through below businesses:
Wealth and Personal Banking: The Bank offers a wide range of services and products to resident as well as non-resident Indian customers based in various countries across the globe.
Click here to know more – HSBC India – Credit Cards, NRI Services, Saving and Deposit
Commercial Banking: Commercial Banking (CMB) provides services to business and corporate clients ranging from small enterprises and Startups focused on their domestic market to large companies operating internationally. We have the financial strength to support our customers with working capital, term loans and acquisition or project finance, the digital tools to help them manage their finances efficiently, and the expertise to help them raise money from the stock and bond markets.
We’ve also enabled lending support of $250 million for high growth tech led startups in India, recognizing their need for finance to support their growth ambitions and scale up their businesses.
Our relationship managers are supported by specialists in the below fields:
- Banking provides commercial clients with access to a wide range of investment banking and capital financing solutions, including debt, equity and advisory services
- Global Trade and Receivables Finance provides services and financing for buyers and suppliers throughout the trade cycle, helping them to use working capital efficiently, manage trade risk and fund their supply chains
- Global Payments Solutions gives businesses greater control over their cash and collections, and helps them to manage their liquidity efficiently. Our digital platforms enable customers to make seamless payments between countries and currencies
- Markets and Securities Services provides services in credit and rates, foreign exchange, equities and money markets
Click here to know more – HSBC Business – Your Partner for Growth | HSBC India
Global Banking & Markets: Global Banking & Markets business provides financial products and services for corporate and institutional clients. This includes transaction banking, treasury services, investment banking, advisory, capital markets, foreign exchange, fixed income and derivatives.
- Banking and financing solutions, including corporate banking, capital markets, and leveraged acquisition finance
- Services in credit and rates, foreign exchange, equities and money markets
- Fund administration, global custody and direct custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency
- A broad range of research services including macro, sector and company coverage complemented by trade ideas and investment strategies
- Expertise in sustainable financing and strategies to support the transition to a low-carbon economy
- Investment solutions for institutions, financial intermediaries and private investors worldwide
HSBC Securities and Capital Markets (India) Private Limited: HSBC Securities and Capital Markets (India) Private Limited offers services in Investment Banking (IB), Infrastructure and Real Estate, Equities research and stock broking. The IB business includes mergers and acquisition advisory services and equities capital markets. Equities research and stock broking primarily cater to the institutional client base which includes foreign institutional investors, foreign portfolio investors, local institutions, mutual funds, insurance companies, and select high net worth and corporate clients. Key highlights:
- Leading M&A and ECM franchise in India
- Leading debt capital markets (DCM) franchise in India across local, multinational corporates and high yield issuers
- Markets & Treasury desk is one of the largest in the country
- Forefront of recent marquee IPO issuances with proven track record of outperformance in demand procurement
- Robust deal pipeline with issues in advanced execution mode
- Leading Asia & EMEA Distribution Franchise Built to Deliver Investor Demand
- Deep, long-standing relationships with leading investors across the world. HSBC regularly organizes investor conferences, deal roadshows, non-deal roadshows, conference calls, analyst meets, company visits and group meetings
- Specialised India dedicated sales team in each of the global locations in Asia and USA
Click here to know more – IPOs / Open Offers / Buy Backs | HSBC India